COVID-19 Notice: Staying wise, staying calm, and looking ahead
To my valued clients;
For any person who loves to travel, who loves the freedom of being able to go almost anywhere, who sees the world as a beautiful place to be explored — this is likely a time of some discomfort and uncertainty.
It is, of course, good to be wise. It’s smart to listen to experts and make necessary preparations.
Many of us are having to adjust our businesses, our budgets, our schedules — and for many of us, that might include huge changes to vacations, destination weddings, honeymoons, reunions, and other getaways we’ve been looking forward to for months.
I want to say: I’m sincerely sorry for the upheavals. I’m feeling them, too.
And I also want to say: there is hope, and there is so much great stuff to look forward to.
There will be a time when this uncertainty will be resolved and the fear will lift.
While we’re doing our part to keep ourselves and our communities healthy — practicing social distancing, being conscientious about washing our hands, staying home, not touching our faces — we can also experience the excitement and joy of making future plans.
Things to note about your cancelled travel plans and for travel in the coming months:
- If you were to be travelling in March or April your trip has likely been cancelled already. You may be wondering where your Future Travel Vouchers are? As we receive them we will be sending them your way. This process could take weeks to complete with the number of vouchers needed to be issued. Insurance claims are also taking much longer than they have in the past. If your claim is with Manulife you have 12 months to complete your claim, so no need to panic if you have not submitted already.
- Many airlines are waiving change fees on all tickets booked for summer travel.
- Amazing destinations are offering refundable packages, special offers, and extra freebies to those who book now. In saying this….I’m not talking about booking trips for next month. We need to be realistic that while we WILL travel again, it’s not going to be for a few months. In my opinion.
- This is a smart time to buy inexpensive trip insurance so you have the option to cancel and get your money back if things change before you depart.
- It’s not too early to start dreaming, planning, and booking for fall and winter trips!
Right now, it is a season of stillness, of staying close, of appreciating all that we have right in our own homes. It’s in our best interests to accept this temporary shift. We have a unique opportunity to be of service to one another in ways we maybe haven't imagined before.
And just imagine how incredible it will feel, when the time is right, to stretch our wings, set off across oceans and mountains and miles, and make the whole wide world our home again.
I am sending all my best wishes for health, healing, happiness, and hope for you and your loved ones in the coming weeks and months! If you have any questions about your travel plans, please don’t hesitate to reach out.